With the Class Pass program, teachers can book a free introductory tour of their local library and ride a GRT bus free to get there and back.
The program is available from October to June for trips within the Cambridge, Kitchener and Waterloo service areas. Teachers and students from kindergarten to Grade 8 can ride free on regularly scheduled bus routes.
Note: Class Pass accommodates a maximum of 35 students per trip. This program is only available for an introductory visit, not regular library trips.
Book a library tour
Book early, at least two weeks in advance, to get your preferred introductory tour date and time. See the list for participating libraries.
Schedule a Class Pass
To request a class pass, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following information:
- teacher's name
- number of students
- number of classes
- number of volunteers
- date of visit
- arrival time at library and duration of the tour
We can help you decide which bus route to use and what times are available between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. A sample plan will be emailed to you.
If you find the transit route convenient, confirm by reply email and we'll send you a GRT information package, including route map and schedule, and a Class Pass.
Note: Afternoon tours are not available on Routes 7, 8, 9, 12 and 58.
Cambridge Idea Exchange
- Clemens Mill branch: 519-740-6294
- Hespeler branch: 519-658-4412
- Preston branch: 519-653-3632
- Queen's Square branch: 519-621-0460
Kitchener Public Library
- Central library: 519-743-0271
- Country Hills branch: 519-743-3558
- Forest Heights branch: 519-743-0644
- Grand River Stanley Park branch: 519-896-1736
Pioneer Park branch: 519-748-2740
Waterloo Public Library
- Main Library: 519-886-1310
- McCormick Branch: 519-886-1310
- John M. Harper Branch: 519-886-1310