GRT's MobilityPLUS service uses small bus-style vehicles to transport people with impaired mobility. People registered with MobilityPLUS can book rides in advance anywhere within the city limits of Cambridge, Kitchener and Waterloo.
The fare for MobilityPLUS is the same as GRT conventional buses. View the Fares page to see current fares.
Your GRT photo ID card can be purchased at the Charles Street or Ainslie Street Terminals.
MobilityPLUS customers may travel on the pre-booked service within these times:
Monday to Friday: 5:15 am - 1:15 am
Saturday: 5:30 a.m. - 1:15 am
Sunday/Statutory holidays: 7:15 am - 1:15 am
To book a ride, please adhere to these guidelines:
- Recreational/Personal trips must be booked at least one business day ahead of the trip, and no more than seven days ahead.
- Medical, post-secondary education and employment trips may be booked up to 28 days in advance.
You can also make subscription bookings, which must be scheduled for a minimum of 6 weeks, and the same pick-up and drop-off location. Such rides are available to take you to and from work, post-secondary education or repeated medical appointments.
All subscription bookings which fall on statutory holidays will be automatically cancelled, except trips for renal dialysis.
To book rides, please have the following information available:
- Your name and MobilityPLUS ID number
- The date you require transportation
- Your exact pick-up address
- Your exact drop-off address
- The times you wish to arrive at and return from your destination. These times must be at least one hour apart.
- The time you want to return
- Whether you will be accompanied by a support person or guest
- What mobility device (if any) will be used.
Note: Please be ready at the accessible door of your location at the beginning of your 30 minute pick-up window. Also, be prepared to wait 15 minutes past your pick-up time. This flexibility allows us to accommodate as many riders as possible.
Booking hours Monday to Sunday
Phone: 519-744-2241 (8:30 a.m. - 10:15 p.m.)
TTY: 519-575-4608 (8:30 a.m. - 10:15 p.m)
A No Show occurs when a customer is not at the pick-up location at the beginning of the 30-minute pickup window. If the pick-up is a No Show, the return trip will be automatically cancelled. Excessive frequency of No Shows may result in a suspension of service.
To cancel a trip booked for the current day, or if a ride has not arrived within your window, please call us as soon as possible.
Phone: 519-744-8570 (24 hours/day)
If a trip is cancelled by a customer within the 30-minute pick up window it will be considered a No Show.
Cancelling future trips
Phone: 519-744-2241 (8:30 am - 10:15 pm)
TTY: 519-575-4608 (8:30 am - 10:15 pm).
Note: On statutory holidays, all subscription bookings will be automatically cancelled except for trips for renal dialysis.